Office of the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies
The Office of the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies would like to extend well wishes to everyone in this transition period. In an effort to remain connected with our students, faculty, and staff, we encourage you to reach out with any academic questions you may have by email. You may also schedule an appointment by sending your availability directly to Danielle Barnhart, the Assistant to the Associate Provost. Appointments will be held via Zoom and you will receive a link via email prior to your appointment time. While we are operating on a remote basis, the office is still accepting all forms that normally come to our office in an electronic format only. To access these forms on Goucher’s website, please visit the Office of the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies or the Office of the Registrar. These forms are also “searchable” by typing in the form name in the search bar on Goucher’s website. In the event that you are unable to gain a physical signature required for submission, we will allow proof of approval via a forwarded email from the faculty member in question. This email must explicitly give permission for the action you are requesting. If you have any questions regarding these forms, please do not hesitate to reach out.
The following forms are accepted by our office:
- Declaration of Major/Minor/Concentration (PDF)
- Advisor Change (PDF)
- Petition (PDF) (this form must be submitted along with additional necessary forms dependent on the action you are requesting)
- Individualized Interdisciplinary Major (IIM) (PDF) (this form must be submitted with a Declaration of Major/Minor/Concentration form AND completed IIM Proposal in order to be accepted)
How to submit a form to our office:
Please email a PDF or a picture of the completed form for processing. These forms are also “fillable” and may be completed electronically with Adobe Acrobat.
How to Set Up an E-Signature with Adobe Acrobat:
View the How to Set Up an E-Signature with Adobe Acrobat (PDF) instructions, which you may view in your browser, or download and print.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am-4pm Eastern Standard Time
The Office of the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies is the liaison between students, parents, faculty, and staff.
Among the responsibilities of the associate provost is to provide support and counsel
to students on academic matters; develop and enforce academic policies; determine
academic standing; conduct academic appeals; oversee faculty advising and the First-Year
Programs & Offices
Policies & Procedures
- Absences Due to Personal Medical Emergency (PDF)
- Academic Deadlines & the Petition Process
- Academic Forgiveness
- Academic Honor Code
- Academic Schedule Conflicts (PDF)
- Academic Standing
- Add/Drop, Withdrawal, Audit, P/NP
- Attendance Modification Agreement (PDF)
- Change of Advisor Form (PDF)
- Concussion Accommodation Process (PDF)
- Declaring your Major/Minor
- Grievance & Grade Appeal Policies
- Incomplete Grade Form (PDF)
- Pregnant & Parenting Students Procedures
- Senior Thesis (PDF)