Office of the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies
The Office of the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies would like to acknowledge that the United States is currently suffering two pandemics, both of which affect in a disproportionate manner our most vulnerable communities. As a Latinx associate provost, I understand that the experiences of our students of color during these pandemics place them at a disadvantage in relation to many of their peers.
Our usual policy is in place where students may choose to take two courses per academic year on a Pass/No Pass basis. However, the policy will be amended for Spring 2021. The new deadline for changing to P/NP or taking W is the last day of classes (May 10, 2021). The limit of two courses per year has not been changed, and courses in the major/minor will continue to require a grade.
In an effort to remain connected, I encourage all students to reach out by email. Appointments will be held via Zoom. We have recently gone paperless for our Petition process, Petition to Walk at Commencement, Advisor Change and Declaration of Major/Minor/Concentration processes. If you have any questions regarding these forms, please do not hesitate to reach out.
The following forms are accepted by our office:
- Declaration of Major/Minor/Concentration - now 100% paperless! Please visit the policy page here to view the new procedure.
- Advisor Change - now 100% paperless!
- Petition - Paperless option available! Please visit the policy page here to view the new procedure. (Please note: This form must be submitted along with additional necessary forms dependent on the action you are requesting)
- Individualized Interdisciplinary Major (IIM) (PDF) (this form must be submitted with an approved IIM Proposal and Course Map to be accepted). Please contact the director of IIM for more information regarding the IIM program.
- Petition to Walk at Commencement – now 100% paperless! Please visit our Commencement FAQ for Undergraduate Degree Candidates page here for more information.
- Senior Thesis Forms (PDF)
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am-4pm Eastern Standard Time
The Office of the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies is the liaison between students, parents, faculty, and staff.
Among the responsibilities of the associate provost is to provide support and counsel
to students on academic matters; develop and enforce academic policies; determine
academic standing; conduct academic appeals; coordinate the Academic Honor Board;
oversee faculty advising and the First-Year Seminars.
Programs & Offices
Policies, Procedures & Forms
- Absences Due to Personal Medical Emergency Form (PDF)
- Academic Changes & the Petition Process
- Academic Forgiveness
- Academic Honor Code
- Academic Schedule Conflicts (PDF)
- Academic Standing
- Attendance Modification Agreement (PDF)
- Change of Advisor Form
- Concussion Accommodation Process (PDF)
- Course Change Forms
- Credit Overload Fee Waived Policy (PDF)
- Declaring your Major/Minor
- Grievance & Grade Appeal Policies
- Incomplete Grade Form (PDF)
- Petition to Walk at Commencement Form
- Pregnant & Parenting Students Procedures
- Senior Thesis Forms (PDF)