ACE: Academic Center for Excellence
The Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) is an academic support center that assists students in their effort to prepare for a life of inquiry, creativity, social responsibility and to develop a sense of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
ACE supports the college’s mission by providing individual academic coaching sessions, academic workshops, content-based supplemental instruction sessions and content-specific peer tutoring. The center is staffed by professional Academic Coaches and a trained graduate intern, who provide undergraduate students with opportunities to:
- Develop self-awareness and autonomy
- Develop positive habits of mind
- Take responsibility and ownership for their learning
- Develop resilience and coping skills
- Learn and use effective study strategies
- Enhance and apply critical and analytical thinking skills
Academic accommodations are implemented at the academic center for students with documented learning differences.
We are conveniently located in Julia Rogers Building, room 233, in the academic quad.
100% of students utilizing ACE coaching services rate us as Excellent or Very Good
What ACE students are saying
We value your feedback! Please take a moment to complete our brief online customer service survey.