Goucher is a distinctly superior liberal arts college. If that's what you're searching for, you have every reason to make Goucher a top choice. And, if you're already a Goucher student or alum, you have every reason to be proud. We don't have the space to list every reason, of course, so here are the top five:
1. Goucher offers superior academics and hands-on teaching.
- 10-to-1 student-faculty ratio
- Average class size of 17
- Professors know students by name
2. One-hundred percent of our undergraduates study abroad.
- Lots of options: 60-plus programs in more than 30 countries
- Yearlong, semester, and intensive three-week opportunities
- Ideal preparation for a 21st-century, global economy
3. Goucher College has an unbeatable East Coast location.
- 8 miles north of downtown Baltimore
- One hour from Washington, DC
- 3 hours from New York City
- Great for networking and landing jobs and internships
4. Our graduates have excellent career opportunities.
- One year out, 99 percent are either employed or pursuing further study.*
- Most go on to graduate school within 5 years of graduating.
- 78 percent complete internships during their time at Goucher.
5. Goucher is one of 40 Colleges That Change Lives:
- "A liberal arts college of the first magnitude..."
- "...one of the country's most impressive spots to study..."
- "All these things add up to the crucial 21st-century ability to go ahead on one's own."
* Data collected for 87% of the Class of 2015 through surveys and other sources. Some
alumni are both employed and in graduate school.
Some recent accolades:
Top 10 Most Innovative Liberal Arts Colleges
- U.S. News & World Report – 2016, 2017
An Innovator of the Year - 2016
- The Daily Record
Named in Colleges That Change Lives
“One of the best institutions”
- The Princeton Review, 2017
Investor’s Guide “Undervalued Buy”
- Forbes, 2016
Named a “Top 10 Globally-Minded College”
- The Christian Science Monitor, 2015