Welch Center for Graduate & Professional Studies
With online, in-person, hybrid, and low-residency programs, you earn a graduate or professional degree from Goucher in the format that fits your learning style, your life, and your goals.
Find your mentor. Find your place. Craft your journey.
Graduate Programs in Education
With online, in-person, and hybrid programs, the Welch Center's Graduate Programs in Education offers several specialized degrees for aspiring and experienced teachers alike, including partnerships with several school systems in Maryland as well as innovative professional development. Goucher is also home to the College Board's AP Summer Institute, training teachers in AP courses from across the country and around the world.
Online Graduate Programs
Earn your Goucher degree with our new entirely online programs, designed to bring you the supportive community, top-notch faculty, and rigorous course of study we are known for in our traditional programs directly in an interactive format that is engaging and easy to navigate.
- M.A. in Digital Arts
- M.S. in Higher Education Policy, Research & Administration
- Master of Education
- Master of Arts in Teaching
Low-residency Graduate Programs
Our low-residency degrees combine some of the best aspects of our in-person and online programs. Residencies—short, intensive sessions on our campus in Baltimore— allow you to learn face-to-face with with fellow students and faculty, building connections and networks that will help you succeed. During the online sessions, you have the freedom to pursue your education from wherever you live.
- M.A. in Arts Administration
- M.A. in Cultural Sustainability
- M.A. in Historic Preservation
- M.F.A. in Art and Technology
- M.F.A. in Nonfiction
Professional Studies & Continuing Education
- Image associated with "Michele Anderson, M.A.C.S. '14 pens opinion piece on rural life and cultural sustainability in The New York Times"March 15, 2019
"Go Home to Your 'Dying' Hometown" offers a unique perspective on current cultural and political divisions.
- Image associated with "Goucher's M.A. in Arts Administration program highlighted in The Washington Post"March 14, 2019
"We are on the cusp of enormous leadership changes in the arts in the United States," says Program Director Ramona Baker. "Literally every day I see someone else who is stepping down, and we have people who want to be able to step up into those positions."
- Image associated with "Jesse J. Holland, M.F.A. '12 Nominated for an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work - Fiction"February 15, 2019
Alumnus and M.F.A. in Nonfiction Faculty Member Jesse J. Holland was nominated for an NAACP Image Award for his recent book, "Who Is The Black Panther?"
- April 3, 2019
Join the fun as we host an artist and winner of Cake Wars and Cake Hunters as she demystifies the art of cake decor. Learn a few handy techniques that will impress you and...