Office of the Provost
The Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies encourages you to reach out via email with any academic questions you have. You may also schedule an appointment by contacting Danielle Barnhart. Appointments will be held via Zoom and you will receive a link via email prior to your appointment.
While we are operating remotely, the office is accepting all forms that normally come to our office in an electronic format. To access these forms, please visit the Office of the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies or the Office of the Registrar. These forms are also searchable by typing the form name in the search bar on Goucher’s website. Since you cannot get physical signatures, we will allow proof of approval via a forwarded email from the relevant faculty member, and the email must explicitly give permission for the action you are requesting. If you have any questions regarding these forms, please do not hesitate to reach out.
The following forms are accepted by our office:
- Declaration of Major/Minor/Concentration
- Advisor Change
- Petition(this form must be submitted along with additional necessary forms dependent on the action you are requesting)
- Individualized Interdisciplinary Major (IIM)(this form must be submitted with a Declaration of Major/Minor/Concentration form AND completed IIM Proposal in order to be accepted)
How to submit a form:
- Please email a PDF or a picture of the completed form for processing. These forms are also “fillable” and may be completed electronically with Adobe Acrobat.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. EST
The provost is the chief academic officer of the college. Among the responsibilities of the provost are:
- implementing the educational goals of the college;
- providing leadership in planning, implementing, and assessing all undergraduate and graduate academic programs;
- and the hiring and evaluation of faculty.
In addition, the Office of the Registrar, the library, and the Welch Center for Graduate and Professional Studies report directly to the provost.
The associate provost for faculty affairs, Jamie Mullaney, is responsible for faculty development and support and assessment of student learning. She also provides oversight for the Center for the Advancement of Scholarship and Teaching (CAST).
The associate provost for experiential and external programs provides oversight for the Office of Global Education, the Career Education Office, the Office of Community-Based Learning, and the Goucher Prison Education Partnership.
Questions pertaining to these and related matters should be directed to the Provost's Office.
- March 3, 2020
After a thorough nationwide search, Goucher College announced today that the college’s new provost will be Elaine Meyer-Lee, Ed.D.