Will I need to hire campus safety for our event?
- You will need campus safety if your event:
- Will have more than 50 people attending
- Includes alcohol
- Will be advertised off-campus
- Is open to non-community members (guests of Goucher community members)
What if I expect to have more than 100 people at my event?
- If over 100 people are expected, you will need to hire at least 2 officers. More may be required depending on the nature of your event.
How much does it cost to hire campus safety?
- The rate is $40/hour, per officer, with a minimum shift of 4 hours. So, for 1 officer, you will need to pay $160.
Is there any paperwork I need to complete?
- Yes. Please complete the Event Requiring Security (PDF) form at least 14 days prior to your event. You will need to bring the form to Campus Safety, and then return it to OSE when finished.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you start this process less than 14 days in advance, campus safety may already be booked or unavailable to work your event. As a result, you may not be able to hold your event. Please plan ahead!
Who should I speak with if I have questions about my campus safety needs?
- Please talk with Rebecca Dietrich in Campus Safety if you have any questions about the process...she will be happy to help!