How to Apply
Master of Arts in Arts Administration
We operate under a rolling admissions model. Therefore, please note the upcoming application deadlines below are suggested for optimal processing time.
|Semester||Application Deadline||Semester Start Date|
|Winter 2020||December 20||January 4|
|Spring 2020||January 13||January 27|
All students have until the first week of the semester/term to enroll in a course. We encourage applicants to complete and submit their application by the deadlines above to ensure a successful enrollment process. Applicants who are applying to participate in residency should apply for the Summer semester or Spring semester.
Admissions Requirements Checklist
Acceptance to the program will be based on an evaluation of the applicant's work experience, essay, recommendation forms, and transcripts. In order to be considered for admission, an applicant must complete the following steps through our graduate admissions portal.
- Complete the online application.
- Send official sealed transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work.
- Electronic transcripts can be sent to GraduateAdmissions@goucher.edu.
- Paper transcripts can be mailed from the institution to:
Welch Center for Graduate and Professional Studies
1021 Dulaney Valley Road
Baltimore, MD 21204
- Send a minimum of two letters of recommendation completed by people who know you well enough to give an informed opinion of your intellectual ability, capacity for sustained self-directed study, personal qualifications, and professional potential. The recommendation process is completed online through the graduate admission portal.
- Complete the essay answering program-specific questions. Please review essay requirements below.
- International students must also follow the international student admissions processes.
Dual-degree applicants should complete the admissions requirements for both programs, such as supplying a digital portfolio and addressing the essay questions for both programs in one essay.
Applicants will know their admissions status within 2-3 business days of submitting a full application.
Accepted students are required to submit an enrollment agreement, along with a nonrefundable $250 enrollment deposit. The deposit will be credited toward tuition charges for the upcoming semester. New students will receive their login information to their student accounts along with new-student onboarding information to ensure a successful enrollment.
Write an essay of 8 to 10 pages discussing all of the following topics. This essay is extremely important, as it demonstrates your ability to write and to develop thoughtful responses.
- What has been your involvement in the arts and in arts administration up to the this point?
- What are your professional goals in the area of arts administration, and how do you believe this program will help you to achieve these goals?
- Please provide a brief autobiography highlighting the experiences that have been important in shaping your thinking and your goals in arts administration. How have your thoughts and ideas been changed or expanded through your experiences with people and organizations in the arts?
- What do you expect to be your strongest characteristics as a graduate student? What do you expect to be some of your challenges?
- What do you consider to be the most important piece of information that the Admissions
Committee should know as it considers your application?