Master of Education Program
One of the few of its kind in the nation, the master of education (M.Ed.) degree offered by Goucher College aims to answer the urgent needs of today's teachers.
Earn your M.Ed. in the format that works for you: online, in person, hybrid, or accelerated online.
Meeting the Needs of Students and Educators
The M.Ed. Program, with ten areas of concentration, meets the need of today’s teachers and their students by offering a 21st-century curriculum responsive to the challenges that educators and school administrators face every day. To understand the needs and motivations of students and help them overcome obstacles to learning within their environments, educators and other concerned adults need specialized training that is unavailable in most master of education programs.
Goucher’s M.Ed. Program provides specialized training for teachers who work in and outside the classroom, including special educators and athletic leaders. The program is designed to equip school professionals with the tools, skills, and knowledge they need to facilitate and support student success.
Ten Areas of Specialization
Goucher College’s master of education degree and professional development certificates aim to fill this void. With a curriculum specially designed to integrate theoretical and practical coursework, the graduate program is divided into ten areas of specialization:
- At-Risk & Diverse Learners
- Athletic Program Leadership and Administration
- ESOL - Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages
- Literacy Strategies for Content Learning
- Montessori Studies
- Reading Instruction (MSDE-approved for Reading Specialist certification)
- Reducing Student, Classroom, and School Disruption: Prevention and Retention
- School Improvement Leadership (MSDE-approved program for Administrator 1 Certification)
- Special Education for Certified Elementary and Secondary Teachers
- Teacher as Leader in Technology