A world of possibility awaits you, but so do a lot of questions and concerns.
You want Goucher College to be a part of your future, but can you and your family afford it? And what will be expected of you once you are enrolled?
You know you have the drive, the desire, and the potential to make the most of a Goucher education – you just need the financial support to make it happen.
As a Maryland Scholar, a Goucher education is made accessible to eligible first-generation Maryland residents from historically underrepresented populations. Through additional financial support and required participation in the LAUNCH Network, Maryland Scholars have the opportunity to experience an interdisciplinary liberal arts education dedicated to global education, social justice, and innovation.
The LAUNCH Network is a four-year integrated, cohort-based program aimed at supporting historically underrepresented students during their transition to Goucher through Commencement. The Network provides students with academic, social, and personal development resources and support to create a successful college experience along with a lifetime network that lasts well past graduation.
Maryland Scholars Qualifications
- Be a resident of Maryland
- Be a first-generation college bound student, defined as follows:
- Parents have not earned a bachelor's degree
- Parents have not earned a bachelor's degree in the United States
- Parents did not earn a non-vocational degree or certification; OR
- Sibling(s) and/or parent earned a bachelors degree as a non-traditional student
- Meet the academic and income guidelines set by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) Howard P. Rawlings Guaranteed Access (GA) Grant
- Be Pell Grant Eligible
- Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), available after October 1, for federal and state aid consideration. It is strongly recommended that the FAFSA be submitted by March 1.
- Be admitted to Goucher College through the non-binding Early Action or Regular Decision entrance plan
How to Apply
Submit the Common Application and required supporting documents by January 15 (non-binding) Regular Decision entrance plan of your senior year. Students admitted to Goucher and meeting the above qualifications will automatically be considered. Students selected as Maryland Scholars are notified in late April/early May.