Apply as a Transfer Student

A complete transfer student application includes:

  1. Application Form
    Complete the Common Application OR the Goucher Transfer Application (a short application and your college transcripts. No letter of recommendation or essay required.)

  2. Supplemental Materials
    • essay portion of the application (not required for Goucher Transfer Application)
    • official college transcript(s) from all colleges attended
    • foreign transcript evaluation (see below for more details)
    • recommendation letter from a teacher, professor (English, math, science, foreign language or social studies), former teacher, or work supervisor (not required for Goucher Transfer Application)
    • official high school transcript (for applicants applying with fewer than 30 attempted credits)

Take a look at some of our Transfer Student Profiles to learn about their experiences.

Standardized Tests

Goucher is test optional. Transfer students are not required to submit SAT or ACT scores.

Deadlines for Transfer Applications

Fall Semester Admission

  • Goucher offers rolling admission – Suggested Deadline: March 15
    No applications will be reviewed after July 15
  • Notification occurs on a rolling basis, typically within 2 weeks of receiving your completed application and supporting documents
  • Enrollment deposit due two weeks after receipt of admission

Spring Semester Admission

  • Goucher offers rolling admission – Suggested Deadline: December 1
    No applications will reviewed after January 1
  • Notification occurs on a rolling basis, typically within 2 weeks of receiving your completed application and supporting documents
  • Enrollment deposit due two weeks after receipt of admission

*All deadline dates are by 11:59 p.m. applicant's local time

Credit Evaluation and Transfer

A preliminary credit evaluation will be included with all admissions packets. Once you are admitted to Goucher, your transcripts will be forwarded to the Registrar for a final credit evaluation. The credit evaluation process will not take place until the Admissions Office makes a final decision on your file. The maximum number of credits a student can transfer to Goucher College is 60. All undergraduates are required to complete at least 120 credits to graduate and your final 60 credits must be completed while matriculating at Goucher.

For students transferring from a college within Maryland, you may use ARTSYS to approximate how many credits will transfer to Goucher. This is not final until after the official credit evaluation by the Goucher Registrar.

Goucher generally accepts credits for courses that are taken at the 101 level or higher and can logically be placed into the Goucher curriculum. Students must earn a C- or higher for us to consider credit transfer. Examples of credits that would not transfer include those for remedial courses listed below the 101 level and courses from programs that Goucher does not offer, such as nursing courses.

Foreign Transcript Evaluation

International Transfer students who have attended or who are currently attending a U.S. post-secondary institution must submit official transcripts from all institutions. Students who have completed post-secondary academic coursework outside of the United States at a non U.S. accredited institution must submit an official course-by-course transcript evaluation from an organization that is a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). A member list is available on the NACES website. The evaluation must be sent to the Admissions Office directly or emailed to

*Transfer students who have completed less than 30 college-level academic credits (as determined by Goucher College) are required to submit an official final high school transcript as part of the review process.

Transfer Completion Programs with Community Colleges

Goucher College has established several agreements with community colleges offering offering associates to bachelor’s completion in several different programs. Please see our articulation agreement website for more information. Please email Tina Caretti to obtain access to application fee waiver instructions.

Financial Aid

As a transfer student, you can apply for financial aid. This consists of grants, loans, and federal work-study. To be considered for financial aid, we recommend that you submit the FAFSA for federal and state aid consideration and for institutional aid consideration.

Transfer Scholarships

All transfer students with a complete application will be considered for merit scholarships of up to $25,000 per year depending on GPA. Additional awards are available for students whom have completed an Associate Degree, are members of Phi Theta Kappa, or are part of an honors guaranteed admission articulation agreement. Learn more about scholarship awards for transfer students