Although you have five years to complete all the degree requirements, most students graduate in two years. Many of the courses are offered online, but we begin each academic year with a nine-day residency on Goucher's beautiful campus. During this time you will work intensively with faculty and peers, learn from site visits and guest speakers, and build a community of practice to take you through the program and into your professional work.
Below is a sample program timeline and an average time frame for completing the program. The number of credits you take each semester determines how long it will take to complete the program. Students may graduate in December or May. We will work with you to develop an academic plan that meets your professional and personal schedule.
SEMESTER START DATES with SAMPLE COURSE SEQUENCE
- Summer Residency 2022: July 21 (2 required courses)
- Fall 2022 online: August 22 (1 required course, 1 elective)
- Winter 2023 online: January 2 (1 management course)
- Spring 2023 online: January 30 (1 required course, 1 elective)
- Summer 2023 online: May 30 (1 management course, 1 elective )
- Summer Residency 2023: July 21 (1 required course, 1 elective or management course)
- Fall 2023 online: August 21 (1 elective/management course, Capstone Proposal)
- Spring 2024 online: January 29 (Capstone Implementation; graduate in May)
For specific dates each year, please view our academic calendar.