Campus Resources to Support Students
Along with The Center for Race, Equity, and Identity, there are other great places on campus to seek support and guidance, including:
- Student Support & Outreach
- Student Health Services
- Counseling Services
- Religious & Spiritual Life
- Office of Student Engagement
A variety of crisis services are readily available to help meet student needs ranging from health and safety to bias education. Goucher is dedicated to the well being of every student.
Reporting Bias & Discrimination
Goucher College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status or genetic information in its programs and activities.
On duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year, the Office of Public Safety works hard to provide security services that are as responsive as they are unintrusive, that emphasize the importance of community in preventing and responding to problems, and that devote as much time to reaching out to the community as to patrolling it. Location: Ground Floor of Heubeck Hall. For campus emergencies dial 410-337-6112, 24 hours.
Mental Health Emergencies
If you are experiencing an urgent mental health crisis:
- During the day, attend the Urgent Walk-in Hour: Monday - Friday at 1:00 PM (Counseling Center)
- After hours, call the Goucher Urgent Crisis Hotline: 855-236-4278
If you are experiencing a mental health emergency:
- Contact the Office of Public Safety at 410-337-6112
- Call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room
- Call the Baltimore County Crisis Hotline at 410-931-2214
Sexual Assault or Intimate Partner Violence
If you have experienced a sexual assault or intimate partner violence, there are the following campus resources that are here to help you.
The following resources are NOT confidential:
The following resources are confidential:
- Health Services and Counseling Services (first floor of Heubeck Hall)
- 410-337-6050 for Health Center appointments
- 410-337-6481 for Counseling Center appointments
- Walk-ins for counseling services
- Chaplain Cynthia Terry (basement of the Chapel) 410-337-6048
- Rabbi Josh Snyder 410-337-6545
- Surviving Sexual Trauma Group
Student Support & Outreach
The primary focus of Goucher’s Student Support & Outreach is to work directly with students as they deal with circumstances such as emotional, academic, residential, social, financial, medical, mental health, and many other issues that can impact a student’s ability to be both academically and personally successful. Case management connects students to resources and provides ongoing support while fostering self-advocacy.