Move-In Day: New Student Checklist
Welcome to Goucher College!
While checking in, enjoy some refreshments and visit the resource tables.
1. Goucher College Check-In (Dorsey Center Courtyard)
- Check in with the Office of New Student Programs at the top of the Dorsey Center stairs.
- Pick up your orientation booklet.
- Manage the holds on your account, if you have them. Representatives will be available
for the following offices:
- Student Financial Services
- Health Center
- Counseling Center
2. Room Key Pickup (Dorsey Center Courtyard)
- Stop by the Office of Residential Life table to pick up your room key.
3. OneCard Pickup, Complete Registration (Rosenberg Gallery)
- Pick up your OneCard from Campus Safety.
- If you did not submit your photo in advance, you will be directed for next steps.
- Complete and finalize any online forms not completed in advance, including registering a vehicle for parking.
4. OneCard Swipe, Dashboard Card Pickup (Rosenberg Gallery)
- Swipe your OneCard to officially check in.
- Pick up your dashboard card and guest pass for the move-in process.
5. Residence Hall Move-In
- Follow the move-in map to find your designated tent. Volunteers will help you unload your car quickly.
- Remove your car from the Loop Road after unloading.
- Refreshments, resources, and professional staff will be available in the First Year Village from 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
- The Mary Fisher Dining Hall will be open to families for lunch. Lunch will be $12.80 + tax. Cash or credit cards accepted.
- The Campus Store will be open, and a pop-up store will be open in the First Year Village.
- The Campus Post Office will be open from 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
- After moving in, if you decide to leave campus to grab a meal or shop, we encourage you to wait until after 12:45 p.m. to return to campus, as others will be moving in throughout the morning. There are several large retail stores near campus, including Target, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc.
New Student Orientation begins at 4 p.m. Family members should depart campus by this time and all new students should report to Kraushaar Auditorium for a New Student Welcome.