- A person employed by the College in an administrative, supervisory, academic, research, or support staff position, including the Office of Campus Safety and Health Center staff;
- A contractor, consultant, volunteer or other party to whom the College has outsourced an institutional service or function for which the college would otherwise use employees to perform (e.g. an attorney or auditor, a collection agency, the National Student Clearinghouse), provided that party is under the direct control of the College with respect to the use and maintenance of education records;
- Individuals serving on the Board of Trustees;
- Students serving on official boards or committees such as the Academic Honor Board, the Student Judicial Board or a grievance committee; or
- A person assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks.