Goucher Intern Fellowship
Goucher has approved an Interim Internship Policy that states all internships need to be remote (i.e. not in-person) during the Coronavirus pandemic. The policy applies to internships for academic credit or to receive Goucher Intern Fellowship funding. Read the full policy here.
The CEO offers the Goucher Intern Fellowship to aid students in offsetting expenses for completing internships during the summer.
$2,000 for domestic internships and $3,000 for internships that require travel to international locations (please note, any in-person internships require an exemption to the Interim Internship Policy and a signed waiver). Students must register for an internship course for a minimum of two credits (which requires 90 hours of work at the internship site). The award amount includes the cost of two credits and provides additional funds for the student. All money goes directly to the student.
Who can Apply?
In order to apply for the Goucher Intern Fellowship, you must:
- Be a currently enrolled Goucher College freshman, sophomore, or junior. December '20 grads are eligible.
- Be eligible to register for a two-credit internship course. The GIF application can be submitted as soon as you've secured your internship.
How do I apply?
1. Secure an internship.
2. Review the Goucher Intern Fellowship Information Sheet.
4. Request a faculty recommendation to support your application. Faculty will receive an email after you submit the application, asking them to email the letter to email@example.com
Applying is well worth the effort - just think of the benefits!
Deadline to Apply
Completed applications (online student form and letter of recommendation from a faculty member) will be read and accessed on a rolling selection process. Students with a completed application submitted early and who meet the above mentioned criteria will have the greatest likelihood of being funded.
Short answer questions to think about before you begin the application:
- List tasks, projects and/or responsibilities of internship.
- How will a Goucher Intern Fellowship assist you?
- How have you prepared for this internship? Include academic courses, extracurricular activities, previous internships, work experiences, and community service.
- How will the completion of your internship relate to your future career and/or academic plans?
- Are there special circumstances you think it would be helpful for the selection committee to know?
Where can I get help locating an internship?
The CEO is here to help you. You can search through our internship listings by visiting Goucher Recruit and the other resources listed on our internship page. Also, you can work one-on-one with someone at the CEO to develop a search strategy specific to your needs.
How are the winners selected?
The Goucher Intern Fellowship Selection Committee competitively chooses the recipients. A higher emphasis is placed on:
- Internships that are strongly connected to students academic and career goals
- Internships with a high level of responsibility
- Students with strong academic records in relevant coursework
- Current sophomores or juniors
- Unpaid internships
- Have exceptional living expenses resulting from the internship
- Internships affiliated with a Goucher faculty or staff member are not eligible
- Remote or virtual internships are acceptable