- ARTICLE VI: Officers, Section 2: Terms: Those serving in the liaison positions may run for a second, consecutive term in those
positions only or they may run for another officer level position. This builds leadership
consistency on the board, especially in the new liaison positions. It is still the
decision of the Nominating Committee as to who is on the slate.
- ARTICLE VII: BOARD OF DIRECTORS, Section 3: Director’s Terms: Those serving on the board are eligible to run for a second, consecutive term. This
builds more consistency and leadership among the board members. It is still the decision
of the Nominating Committee as to who is on the slate.
- SECTION 2: Terms and SECTION VIII: Alumnae/i Trustee - An alumna/us who is employed, either full-time or part-time by
the college, is not eligible to serve on the Board of Trustees. We have adopted language
that ensures our Alumnae/I Trustee positions as well as our AAGC President position
(who is an ex officio, voting member of the Board of Trustees) is not employed by
the college when they accept the position.
- ARTICLE XI: Committees – The Excellence in Public Service Award Committee is now a regular subcommittee
of the AAGC.
- Other minor changes have to do with changes to staff titles, or names of offices (ie:
we no longer have an Assistant Vice President for Development and Alumnae/i Affairs
and we no longer house the Quarterly magazine office in the Office of Alumnae/i Affairs).
If you have questions regarding the AAGC Constitution, please contact the Office of Alumnae/i Affairs at 410-337-6181 or firstname.lastname@example.org.