Program Goals & Learning Outcomes
Master of Education - Athletic Program Leadership & Administration
Goucher Programs in Education Outcomes
- GPE001: Knowledge - Theory: Apply knowledge of psychological and educational theory, research, and/or philosophy related to the area of specialization or certification.
- GPE002: Knowledge - Assessments: Demonstrate understanding and use of the types of assessments appropriate to the area of specialization or certification.
- GPE003: Knowledge - Purpose: Identify the purpose of education in society, and be able to analyze why things happen in the educational community and/or in the political community that surrounds education.
- GPE004: Knowledge - Diversity: Demonstrate knowledge of concepts related to diversity, and the interaction between concepts related to diversity and the area of specialization or certification.
- GPE005: Skills - Theory: Demonstrate the ability to incorporate theory and research into practice related to the area of specialization.
- GPE006: Skills - Data: Demonstrate the ability to gather appropriate data and use data in problem analysis and decision-making related to the area of specialization.
- GPE007: Skills - Problem Solving: Use problem solving/critical thinking strategies appropriate to the area of specialization.
- GPE008: Skills - Reflection: Use reflective practice within the area of specialization.
- GPE009: Skills - Communication: Demonstrate effective communication and presentation skills related to the area of specialization.
- GPE010: Skills - Technology: Use a variety of technologies appropriate for working in the area of specialization.
- GPE011: Dispositions - Service: Demonstrate service to the community.
- GPE012: Dispositions - Diversity: Demonstrate positive dispositions toward diversity and equity.
- GPE013: Dispositions - Professionalism: Demonstrate professionalism in one’s demeanor, behavior, conduct, decision-making, and interactions with colleagues.
Master of Education - At-Risk Children and Youth Outcomes
- MEDATRISK001: Identification: Evaluate differing perspectives of identifying at-risk children/youth.
- MEDATRISK002: Forces and Developmental Periods: Explain the extent and manner in which biological, psychological, social, and environmental forces affect at-risk children/youth during different developmental periods.
- MEDATRISK003: Prevention and Resilience: Explain how to develop environments that prevent children/youth from becoming at risk and help them develop resilience.
- MEDATRISK004: Characteristics: Recognize the psychological and social characteristics of resilient children and youth.
- MEDATRISK005: Prevention and Intervention: Correlate the differing perspectives of causality to prevention and intervention programs/strategies for at-risk students.
- MEDATRISK006: Controlling Stress: Relate the role of defense mechanisms and coping strategies in controlling student and youth stress.
- MEDATRISK007: Psychological and Social Dynamics: Analyze the psychological and social dynamics related to specific at-risk student problems.
- MEDATRISK008: Psychological and Social Intervention: Analyze psychological and social intervention strategies/programs that may help in the development of student resilience in schools.
- MEDATRISK009: Social Skills Intervention: Implement a social skills intervention strategy that can assist in the development of student resilience.
- MEDATRISK010: Restructuring Environment: Demonstrate techniques/strategies to restructure the classroom environment to meet the needs of at-risk children.
Maryland Technology Standards
- MDTECH001: Standard 1, Information Access, Evaluation, Processing and Application: Access, evaluate and process information efficiently and effectively. Apply information accurately and appropriately.
- MDTECH002: Standard 2, Communication: Use technology to exchange information and interact electronically effectively and appropriately with others. Use technology effectively and appropriately to communicate information in a variety of formats.
- MDTECH003: Standard 3, Legal, Social, and Ethical Issues: Demonstrate an understanding of the legal, social, and ethical issues related to technology.
- MDTECH004: Standard 4, Assessment for Administration and Instruction: Use information technologies to analyze problems and develop solutions.
- MDTECH005: Standard 5, Integrating Technology into the Curriculum and Instruction: Design, implement and assess learning experiences that incorporate technology in the delivery of a curriculum-related instructional activity. Design, implement and assess learning experiences that incorporate student use of technology to support inquiry, problem solving, communication, and/or collaboration.
- MDTECH006: Standard 6, Assistive Technology: Understand human, equity, and development issues surrounding the use of assistive technology to enhance student learning performance and apply that understanding to practice.
- MDTECH007: Standard 7, Professional Growth: Analyze the use of emerging technologies to improve teaching and learning. Develop habits of mind that support continual learning and professional growth in technology.
Updated: February 2018