Navigate for Faculty & Staff
The goal for Goucher’s partnership with EAB’s platform Navigate is to help improve retention and graduation rates by identifying areas of additional support needed for students to complete their degrees and suggest roadmaps to a degree based on their academic strengths and past successes.
Why use Navigate?
- Prioritize outreach and interaction with your students
- Engage in conversations with students who may have greater success outside their chosen major
- Simplify intervention by aggregating previously disparate data into a 360-view of student performance
- Evaluate and compare alternative major decisions based on predicted academic performance
- Proactively contact students to arrange advising or other student support services
Help & Guidelines
Faculty & Staff FAQ
How do I get access to the EAB Navigate Platform for myself or others in my office?
Please contact Rob Smith at email@example.com for all access related questions.
How do I log in to the EAB Navigate Platform?
To login to EAB Navigate for Goucher College, go to: https://goucher.navigate.eab.com/staff Use your same username and password that you use for all your Goucher accounts.
How often is the data in the EAB Navigate Platform updated?
The data in Navigate is refreshed each night via a feed from PowerCampus.
What does a student have access to in the tool? Will they be able to see everything that I can?
No, the student view is limited. Students only have access to schedule appointments.
Are student notes subject to FERPA?
Yes, student notes in EAB Navigate are part of a student’s educational record and subject to FERPA.
Who or what determines how much access to data I have in the tool?
EAB Navigate identifies different “roles” within the tool, which depend on your job responsibilities. If you are interested in how these roles are determined, please contact Rob Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are trainings available?
Yes, there are various scheduled trainings throughout the year facilitated by our EAB Navigate team. Additionally, there are a variety of resources and guides on the site for users to review. The EAB Navigate Help Center is also a great resource for tips and tutorials – just click on the “?” in the top right corner when you’re logged into the platform.
Who is on the EAB Navigate Leadership team?
- Stacy Cooper Patterson, Associate Dean of Students;
- Lauren English, Director of Marketing Communications;
- Alexandra Graves, Associate Director for Student Support & Outreach;
- Bill Leimbach, Vice President for Technology and Planning;
- Donna Lummis, Academic Technology Administrator;
- Isabel Moreno-López, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies;
- Emily Perl, Assistant Provost for Integrative Learning