Check-In for Fall Orientation
We are happy to welcome you to the 2018-19 school year! Please be sure to review the information below about checking in for Fall Orientation.
Check-in is the first step, located in Dorsey Center Courtyard. Students will pick up an Orientation booklet, resolve any medical or billing holds, pick up their OneCard, complete a vehicle dashboard card that will aid in moving into their residence, and swipe their OneCard to officially check-in.
Maryland Scholars should report on Sunday, July 29 from 12:00 - 5:00 p.m. in Heubeck Hall. Please contact Mary Tandia or Nicole J. Johnson with questions. Maryland Scholars will also need to check-in at the Dorsey Center on Saturday, August 18.
Phoenix Scholars and Phoenix Rising participants should check-in on Wednesday, August 15 from 10:00 a.m. to noon in Heubeck Hall. Please contact Nicole J. Johnson with questions. Phoenix participants will also need to check-in at the Dorsey Center on Saturday, August 18.
International students should plan to participate in international student orientation beginning on the evening of Wednesday, August 15. Please contact Karen Sykes with questions. International students will also need to check-in at the Dorsey Center on Saturday, August 18.
Student-athletes participating in a fall sport should plan to check in on Wednesday, August 15 between 10:00 and 11:00 a.m. in Heubeck Hall. Please contact your coach for more information. Student-athletes will also need to check-in at the Dorsey Center on Saturday, August 18.
Students participating in the dance early arrival program should check in on Wednesday, August 15 between 10:00 a.m. and noon in Heubeck Hall. Dancers will also need to check-in at the Dorsey Center on Saturday, August 18.
All other new students, both first years and transfers, should plan to arrive at the Dorsey Center Courtyard for check-in on Saturday, August 18. Arrival times are delineated by residence hall assignment, and you should have received an email from the Office of Residential Life indicating your move-in time. However, you can also refer to the schedule below (please look at both your residence hall and room/floor number).
In order to expedite the move-in process, we ask that you ONLY arrive during your assigned time frame. If you arrive before your scheduled time, you will be asked to wait. While we work hard to make the move-in process as efficient as possible, please be prepared to wait for your car to be unloaded. The check-in times are as follows:
- 8:00 - 9:30 a.m.- Fireside Hall (rooms 212-229, 312-329, and 412-429) and Trustees Hall (rooms 201-212, 301-312, and 401-412)
- 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.- Pagliaro Selz Hall, floors 2 and 4
- 11:00 - 12:30 p.m.- Fireside Hall (rooms 101-117, 201-209, 301-309, and 401-409) and Trustees Hall (rooms 216-233, 316-333, and 416-433
- 12:30 - 2:00 p.m.- Pagliaro Selz Hall, floor 3; Welsh Hall; commuter students (arrive for check-in at Dorsey during this time)
If you plan to shop at nearby stores and will need to unload right outside your residence
hall for a second time, please plan to arrive after 2:00 p.m. to avoid a wait and
to allow those in the 12:30 p.m. time block to unload. If, after shopping off campus,
you're able to carry your items from the Dorsey parking lot, you may return to campus
at any time.
Your Check-In To-Do List:
- Complete the Emergency Notification and Vehicle Registration form. Completing this form will allow you to bypass that step at check-in and move you through the line quicker.
- Send in your selfie to firstname.lastname@example.org; in the subject line please include your student ID number starting with the two zeros (00#######). Sending in a qualified selfie will ensure that your OneCard is ready for pick up and will allow you to bypass the process to obtaining one.
Fall Orientation for students will run from the evening of Saturday, August 18 through Tuesday, August 21. Orientation for students will begin at 3:30 p.m. on August 18 and is mandatory for all new students. A concurrent Family Orientation will also begin at 3:30 p.m. in Kraushaar Auditorium, and will end before lunch on Sunday, August 19. A detailed schedule of orientation sessions will be given to students and families at check-in.
Schedule adjustment day will be on Wednesday, August 22 and classes begin on Thursday, August 23.
For questions or additional information, feel free to contact the Office of Student Engagement (410-337-6124) or email email@example.com.