Check-In for Fall Orientation
We are happy to welcome you to the 2019-20 school year! Please be sure to review the information below about checking in for Fall Orientation.
Check-in is the first step, located in Dorsey Center Courtyard. Students will pick up an Orientation booklet, resolve any medical or billing holds, pick up their OneCard, complete a vehicle dashboard card that will aid in moving into their residence, and swipe their OneCard to officially check-in.
Students participating in any early arrival programs should check back in early June for arrival dates.
All other new students, both first years and transfers, should plan to arrive at the Dorsey Center Courtyard for check-in on Saturday, August 17. Arrival times are delineated by residence hall assignment, and you will receive an email from the Office of Residential Life indicating your move-in time. However, you can also refer to the sample schedule below (please look at both your residence hall and room/floor number).
In order to expedite the move-in process, we ask that you ONLY arrive during your assigned time frame. If you arrive before your scheduled time, you will be asked to wait. While we work hard to make the move-in process as efficient as possible, please be prepared to wait for your car to be unloaded. The check-in times are as follows:
- 8:00 - 9:30 a.m.- Fireside Hall (rooms 212-229, 312-329, and 412-429) and Trustees Hall (rooms 201-212, 301-312, and 401-412)
- 9:30 - 11:00 a.m.- Pagliaro Selz Hall, floors 2 and 4
- 11:00 - 12:30 p.m.- Fireside Hall (rooms 101-117, 201-209, 301-309, and 401-409) and Trustees Hall (rooms 216-233, 316-333, and 416-433
- 12:30 - 2:00 p.m.- Pagliaro Selz Hall, floor 3; Welsh Hall; commuter students (arrive for check-in at Dorsey during this time)
If you plan to shop at nearby stores and will need to unload right outside your residence
hall for a second time, please plan to arrive after 2:00 p.m. to avoid a wait and
to allow those in the 12:30 p.m. time block to unload. If, after shopping off campus,
you're able to carry your items from the Dorsey parking lot, you may return to campus
at any time.
Your Check-In To-Do List:
- Complete the Emergency Notification and Vehicle Registration form. Completing this form will allow you to bypass that step at check-in and move you through the line quicker.
- Send in your selfie to email@example.com; in the subject line please include your student ID number starting with the two zeros (00#######). Sending in a qualified selfie will ensure that your OneCard is ready for pick up and will allow you to bypass the process to obtaining one.
Fall Orientation for students will run from the evening of Saturday, August 17 through Tuesday, August 20. Orientation for students will begin at 3:30 p.m. on August 17 and is mandatory for all new students. A concurrent Family Orientation will occur during the afternoon on August 17. A detailed schedule of orientation sessions will be given to students and families at check-in.
Schedule adjustment and advising day will be on Wednesday, August 21, and classes begin on Thursday, August 22.
For questions or additional information, feel free to contact the Office of Student Engagement (410-337-6124) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.