International Student Support
WHO WE SERVE
Goucher College is committed to being internationally engaged and supporting students who have international aspects to their identity. The Center for Race, Equity and Identity serves:
- F-1 visa holders
- Other nonimmigrant visa holders
- Recent immigrants or those in the process of immigrating
- Dual citizens
- Undocumented and DACA recipients
- Third culture kids and Americans abroad
The Associate Director for International Students offers international students support in the following areas:
- F-1 visa application and immigration matters
- Orientation to the U.S. culture and academic environment
- Assistance with adjustment and cross-cultural communication
- Understanding of college rules and policies
- Using college resources
- Academic strategies for non-native speakers of English
- Financial concerns
- Emergency situations regarding international students
- Obtaining Maryland identification and federal Social Security number, when applicable.
CHANGING YOUR NAME AT GOUCHER
If you wish to use a chosen name instead of your legal name on unofficial documentation or change your name and/or gender on official documentation, please click here for the steps to do so.
International Student Handbook
Download the International Student Handbook (PDF) for more information about Goucher College.