Immigration Information

The staff of the Office of Global Education is here to guide you through visa application issues and immigration regulations, while complying with government agencies in the management of the F programs. We can also help you navigate through other government agencies to obtain a Social Security Number and state Identification card, as well as file taxes.

For more information about obtaining your initial Form I-20 and applying for your F-1 visa,  click here.

F-1 Student Regulations

We are your primary source of information regarding your F-1 status in the United States. The immigration information shared here will address most of your common questions and concerns. However, immigration regulations are complex and depend on a number of factors; thus, we are happy to meet with you in individual appointments to help in your decision-making.

Social Security, State Identification & Taxes

Review the information below to navigate through various government institutions.