The staff of the Office of Global Education is here to guide you through visa application issues and immigration regulations, while complying with government agencies in the management of the F programs. We can also help you navigate through other government agencies to obtain a Social Security Number and state Identification card, as well as file taxes.
For more information about obtaining your initial Form I-20 and applying for your F-1 visa, click here.
F-1 Student Regulations
We are your primary source of information regarding your F-1 status in the United States. The immigration information shared here will address most of your common questions and concerns. However, immigration regulations are complex and depend on a number of factors; thus, we are happy to meet with you in individual appointments to help in your decision-making.
Helpful Government Websites
- Electronic I-94 and Travel History
- Visa Appointment Wait Times
- Online Case Status Inquiry
- Study in the States: Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Department of State
- All the Embassies of Washington, D.C.
- Links to United States Embassies and Consulates Worldwide
Social Security, State Identification & Taxes
Review the information below to navigate through various government institutions.