Medical/Compassionate Withdrawal Procedures

Students who have a medical or other type of personal emergency during the semester and need to withdraw from their courses after week 10 must make an appointment with the associate director of Student Support and Outreach (ADSSO). Detailed information about the medical and compassionate withdrawal process, as well as the requirements for returning to the college after such a withdrawal, can be found in the college's Medical/Compassionate Withdrawal Policy (PDF).

Withdrawals after the 10th week are only allowed for medical/compassionate reasons and must be approved by the ADSSO. If, after the 10th week, the student leaves the college for other reasons or without obtaining approval of the ADSSO, the student will receive the letter grades that were earned.

The Semester Withdrawal form (PDF) should be used for voluntary medical or compassionate withdrawals.

Students who do not intend to return the next semester after a semester withdrawal, will need to complete a leave-of-absence form (PDF) and follow leave of absence procedures.

Students who intend to withdraw permanently from the college after a semester withdrawal, should complete an Official Withdrawal from the College form (PDF) and follow withdrawal procedures.