These Guidelines contain important information and links about copyright law. Although this site may not answer all of your questions, you should consult this site whenever you are in doubt about the legality of your proposed use of copyrighted work. It this site does not provide the answer to your particular question, you should consult the Fair Use Committee for assistance.
- What works are protected?
- When may copyrighted materials be copied or otherwise used without the copyright owner’s permission?
- What if the work is licensed?
- How can I obtain permission?
- What special rules apply to the use of copyrighted materials in distance learning courses?
- What special rules apply to peer-to-peer file sharing?
- What should I do if I have a copyright question?