Conditional Teacher Certification
Become a Maryland Certified Teacher through the Goucher Teaching Certification Pathway
If you are a teacher with a Maryland “conditional" certificate, Goucher College can help you become certified in any of the following areas:
- Elementary Education (grades 1-6)
- Special Education Certification (Elementary, Grades 1-6)
- Special Education (Secondary/adult, grades 6-12)
- Secondary Education (grades 7-12)
Areas for certification include: Biology, Chemistry, Earth/Space Science, English, History, Mathematics, Physics, Social Studies and Theater.
- Specialty Areas (Pre-K through 12) are: Art, Chinese, Dance, Environmental Education, French, German, Latin, Music, Russian, and Spanish.
- An advisor to review your undergraduate degree and identify courses you need for the Maryland Educator Certification
- Coaching for Special Education teachers who will provide suggestions and informal feedback in your classroom, for all others, upon request
- Face to face, hybrid and online options to complete your MSDE Certification requirements
- Coursework that has direct application to your classroom
- Once certified you may continue at Goucher to complete your Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.)