Seminar - At-Risk Students: Suicide Prevention
Counselors: Satisfy your Lauryn’s Law requirement for professional development for MSDE certification renewal with Goucher's online class.
- June 1 - July 22
- August 23 - October 15
Name: ED 634.012/ ED 634.022 Seminar in At-Risk Students: Suicide Prevention
Credit: 1.50 or 3.0 credits towards certification renewal
Format: Online only
For more information about tuition and billing, please contact email@example.com.
- Meets the requirements for HB 947 (Lauryn’s Law) for school counselors’ professional development for MSDE certification renewal
- Rich on-line resources for direct application to your school’s counseling program
- Interactive online experience exploring challenging topics
- An in-depth look at youth suicide, depression, trauma, violence, and substance abuse
- Infused with practical applications to enhance your skills and to help prevent a suicide
- Participants are expected to spend 3 hours per week on this course
- Participants will be part of an on-line discussion group to share their reflections on the content, current issues in schools, and develop strategies that address the need for interventions and referrals in response to youth suicide, mental health issues, and other behavioral distress
- Participants will engage in hands-on learning while reviewing and developing professional resources for students and their parents or guardians
How to Enroll
Please complete our online application for non-degree seeking applicants for our Education program. After submitting your application, please request an official copy of your undergraduate or graduate transcript be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions regarding enrollment, please call 410.337.6200 or email email@example.com.