Mary Fisher Hall
This first building is named for Mary Cecila Fisher Goucher, the wife of John Goucher and co-founder of the college. Mary Fisher was born on March 22, 1850. She was well-educated at a time when young women were not often afforded that privilege, and she wished to help others gain knowledge that could benefit their lives. Her marriage to John Goucher was "a union of vision and wealth and rendered large planning and high achievement possible." She was an honorary member of the class of 1901, and the whole campus mourned her death in 1902.
Mary Fisher is currently undergoing a major renovation that will centralize dining on campus as well as relocate a number of offices into new, exciting spaces. The expected completion of this project is Spring 2018.
Clara Bacon came to Goucher in 1897 as an instructor in mathematics. In 1911, she received the degree of Doctor of Philosophy from the Johns Hopkins University, became chair of her department, and continued to teach at Goucher until her retirement in 1934.
This house is named for Henry S. Dulaney, a trustee from 1906 to 1923.
This house is named for Lulie Poole Hooper, class of 1896, who was a trustee (1917-1920, 1937-1948) and a generous supporter of the college.