Strap on the rocket boosters; your college experience is a go for launch.
Summer LAUNCH is designed to provide you an opportunity to come to Goucher early and establish immediate connections with classmates, faculty, staff, and support systems. Participation in Summer LAUNCH is a requirement to be part of the LAUNCH Network.
Begin your college journey here—on solid ground—and the stars are the limit!
Launch Plan Overview
For those attending this program, the benefits include the following:
- Acclimate to campus by arriving two weeks early. (Students planning to live on campus for the fall semester will move into their residence hall room. Meals will be provided to both resident and commuter LAUNCH students throughout the two weeks.)
- Meet and build friendships with fellow incoming first-year students
- Get connected to campus resources
- Learn methods and best practices in time management, studying, note taking, etc.
- Complete college-level writing and math mini-courses
- Learn about the Goucher Commons curriculum
- Develop relationships with Goucher faculty, staff, and your own LAUNCH Crew member
Launch Plan Details
The Summer LAUNCH program includes classes and workshops that run from approximately 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday through Friday, with a break for lunch. A variety of social activities will be offered throughout the weekday evenings. You will participate in excursions and other activities on Saturday and Sunday. View a sample Summer LAUNCH schedule (PDF).
Stay tuned for complete information about Summer LAUNCH 2022. We can't wait to welcome you to campus and for you to start your journey as a Goucher Gopher.