Resources Specific to My Identity
Discover career resources specific to you and your identity. These online resources were reviewed by CEO Student Assistants and identified as helpful and relevant, but we are always looking for new resources to serve our diverse populations. If you have suggestions for additions to this list or do not feel represented by these resources, please email the CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students of Color
- IM Diversity - Career site devoted to serving the cultural and career-related needs of minorities.
- Institute for the Recruitment of Teachers - (IRT) Recruits students of color and other scholars interested in diversity and supports them in the process of applying to graduate school and getting funding to pursue master’s degrees in education with teacher certification.
- Diverse Workforce Requires Balanced HR Leadership - Multimedia publication that covers the intersection of people management and business strategy. Content helps HR professionals approach their jobs from a more strategic, big-picture, business-results perspective.
- The Top 10 Economic Facts of Diversity in the Workplace - Article on the economic value of having a diverse workforce.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People - “The vision of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure a society in which all individuals have equal rights without discrimination based on race.”
- National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education - Champion interests of HBCUs and PBIs, Provide membership services, Build capacity of HBCUs, Serve as an international voice and advocate for the preservation and enhancement of HBCUs and PBIs and for blacks in high education.
- Black Career Women’s Network - National career development organization dedicated to fostering the professional growth of African-American Women.
- Career Advancement Tips for African Americans - Top 21 African American professional groups in various fields.
- Black Career Network - offers a job search and networking platform for African Americans
- INROADS - resource for paid internships for diverse undergraduate students.
- Huge Career Mistakes Some Young, Smart African-Americans Make and How to Correct Them
Asian American and Pacific Islander
- National Association of Asian American Professionals - Organization that cultivates and empowers Asian & Pacific Islander leaders through professional development, community service, and networking.
- Japanese Americans Citizens League - Mission: "To secure and safeguard the civil and human rights of Asian and Pacific Islander Americans and all communities who are affected by injustice and bigotry."
- Asian American Journalist Association Scholarships - Listing of AAJA internships and grants.
- DACA and Your Workplace Rights – Answers to some general questions that one might have with regards to DACA and the workplace.
- Pre-Health Dreamers - An organization for undocumented students who want to go into the medical field that offers support both financially (via a scholarship) and through a community.
- National Immigration Law Center - Legal support, policy implications, and data.
- Immigrants Rising - Entrepreneurship-based options and opportunities.
- Careeronestop.org - Job Search Help for Ex-Offenders can help you with your career, training, or employment needs by offering state resources, employers who hire ex-offenders and how to talk about your conviction.
- Help For Felons - Options for online, temporary, and career focused jobs and felon-friendly employers.
- Second Chance Reentry - Hosts a Career Support section that has a 58-page document on how to find employment with a criminal record.
- Exoffenders - Links to information and books about the job search and a list of employers.
- U.S. Immigration Services - Information on how to apply for and get work authorization. Also has application forms you can download.
- InternationalStudent.com - Started by a group of international students living in New York City with the goal of helping other students deal with American immigration authorities and education system.
- My Visa Jobs.com - Compilation of information including lists of employers with past records of sponsorship activity that are searchable using industry and geographic criteria.
- Career and Job Resources for Hispanic Job-Seekers - Offers a variety of information and resources for Hispanic Job-Seekers such as resume, cover letter, and interview help, along with a job board and company search.
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute, Inc. - Offers scholarships, internships, fellowships, and other programs to help develop future Latinx leaders in corporations, government agencies, nonprofits and other organizations.
- HISPA.org - A New-Jersey based non-profit organization (also active in Miami, NYC, and San Antonio). Formed to engage volunteerism of Hispanic professionals and eradicate the one key reasons why Hispanic students do not peruse higher education: lack of role models.
- Hispanic Association for Colleges & Universities National Headquarters - Helps young Hispanic students benefit from internships, scholarships, college retention and advancement programs, precollegiate support, and career development opportunities and programs.
- Hispanic Heritage Foundation - The Latinos on Fast Track (LOFT) program can help you find an internship or job in the private or public sectors. Free lifetime membership.
LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, Queer, Intersex, Asexual, Pansexual)
- Campus Pride Index (factors to consider when contemplating graduate or professional school) - Provides access to more resources and scholarships for LGBTQ students.
- Glassdoor's Workplace Guide for LGBTQ Professionals - Meaningful advice for how queer employees can better navigate their careers while remaining authentic to themselves.
- Out Professionals - “Meet a wide range of people with the potential to become social and professional allies; successful people, who can advance your career or help you make a career transition.”
- Top 20 TIPS for how business can support LGBT Workforce - The Guardian, Bella Qvist, Friday 8 August 2014
- Lambda Legal - National association committed to achieving full recognition of civil rights for lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender peopleand everyone living with HIV through impact litigation, education and public policy work.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - EEOC interprets and enforces Title VII's prohibition of sex discrimination as forbidding any employment discrimination based on gender identity or sexual orientation. These protections apply regardless of any contrary state or local laws. Learn more!
Transgender/ Non-Binary/Gender Non-Conforming
- National Center for Transgender Equality - Resources on discrimination in the workplace.
- tgender.net - Offers a list of Fortune 500 Companies with formal statements promising to not discriminate against transgender or gender-variant employees.
- TransEmployment Program - Organization in the Bay Area with a wide range of services and resources to "help create inclusive workplaces and jobs for trans and gender non-confirming people."
- Transgender Law Center - Resources on transgender law.
- Transgender Workplace Diversity - A blog hosted by transgender attorney/ consultant Jillian Weiss. Information for human resource professionals, lawyers, transgender employees and allies on workplace-related issues.
Native Americans/First Nations
- American Indian College Fund - Supports Native student access to higher education.
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society - “Nonprofit organization focused on substantially increasing the representation of Native peoples in STEM studies and careers.”
- Native American Journalists Association - The Native American Journalists Association serves and empowers Native journalists through programs and actions designed to enrich journalism and promote Native cultures.
People with Disabilities
- Spectrum Careers - Connecting job seekers on the Autism Spectrum with inclusive employers. Job seekers can log in to view over 15,000 job postings, and get instructions on how to show off their skills using a video resume. Traditional resumes are also accepted.
- Resources for Students with Disabilities - Offers numerous resources for students with disabilities including: visual, Cognitive, Physical, Speech, Autism, Hearing Impairments and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD).
- Career Opportunities for Students with Disabilities - Consortium of universities, national employers and government agencies focused on the career employment of college graduates with disabilities.
- Workforce Recruitment Program – a recruitment and referral program focusing on hiring people with disabilities to federal agencies.
- Job Accommodations Network (JAN) - Free consulting service (through gov’t Office of Disability Employment Policy ODEP) designed to increase the employability of people with disabilities by providing individualized worksite accommodations solutions, providing technical assistance regarding the ADA and other disability related legislation, and educating callers about self-employment option.
- Abilityjobs.com - Job board and resources.
- 50 Great Career Resources For Women
- Women for Hire - Provides a job board, articles on how to manage a business from home, webinars on various topics, and other resources.
- Career Intelligence - Articles about what to do after graduation, how to handle debt, going to grad school, and more.
- Ellevate Network - “Our mission is to help women advance in the workplace, both for themselves and the greater good. We strive to change the culture of business from the inside out - by investing in women.”
- The Veterans Employment Center – A resource to support veterans at all stages of the job application process.
- Student Veterans of America – A coalition of student-veteran groups on college campuses across the globe, helps support students, find scholarships and build alumni networks.
- G.I. Jobs - Premier brand in military recruitment, offering articles, tips and online tools to help military transition to explore different career and post-secondary education options.
- Undergradu-vets national career conference - A professional networking and advocacy organization dedicated to connecting military veteran students and alumni of the world’s top-ranked universities with employers who value their elite academic credentials, military leadership abilities, and limitless career potential.
- Career Resources for Veterans - Career resources and job listings.
This web site contains links to other web sites not under the control of the Career Education Office and we are not responsible for the content of any linked site. The CEO provides these links only as a convenience and assumes no liability for acts or omissions by third parties or for any material supplied by them.