Pilates Center Reopening Guidelines
To Our Beloved Goucher Pilates Family,
We hope you are staying safe and healthy during this crazy time. It has been such a joy to see some of your smiling faces virtually through our Zoom mat classes. And to those of you who we have not seen, we have missed you!
At this time, we have re-opened for in person private sessions and small tower classes.
We know that you will have many questions and concerns, and that this option may not be right for everyone (yet). Please know that your safety is our number one priority, and therefore the following guidelines have been carefully constructed to keep you and the studio clean and safe.
General Lesson Overview
- Only one client and one instructor will be in the studio per hour. As always lessons are 50 min long, and each session is scheduled with 10 minutes in between so no overlap occurs.
- Both clients and instructors will be required to wear a mask at all times (before, during, and after the lesson).
- Instructors will take their temperatures before coming to work. Clients are required to do so as well before they come for their lesson. In accordance with CDC guidelines, your temperature must be <100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clients will be required to bring their own (small) towel (to lay down on equipment) and bring an extra clean pair of socks for their lesson. These items are required to participate! And can no longer be provided by the studio.
If you are interested in purchasing a towel specifically for the reformer you can follow this link: https://saltandhoneyus.com/collections/non-slip-pilates-reformer-towel
- Lesson cancellation must be given with 24 hours notice to avoid full charge for the lesson. The ONLY exception to this policy is if you feel ill (COVID-19 symptoms) within 24 hours. Please do not come for your lesson if you are showing any COVID-19 symptoms (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/COVID19-symptoms.pdf) or otherwise feel unwell. This exception is in response to COVID-19 and is a temporary policy change.
- Payment via the CashNet site is required 24 hours before your lesson in order to confirm your lesson.
When You Come For Your Lesson
- Our waiting room will no longer be available, please wait in your car until 5 minutes before your lesson time and enter directly into the apparatus studio (your teacher will let you in). To maximize physical distancing, please do not enter the building from the front entrance, but walk around the outside perimeter of the building and enter directly into the Pilates studio.
- Parking is only permitted in the large visitor lot. Please do not park in the small lot between our studio and the tennis courts.
- Please wear a mask at all times that you are on Goucher’s campus. This is required to enter the campus, and is also necessary for your lesson. Please also be ready to show your ID and to answer any screening questions about your exposure to the virus at the front gate.
- Gloves and hand sanitizer will be available. Hand washing will be required before each session, and you will be required to wear your clean pair of socks during your lesson.
Studio Safety and Cleaning Procedures
- All cleaning bottles have bleach added to maximize the cleanliness of the apparatus. Clients must clean their own equipment after each session. Before the beginning of each new session, the equipment will be cleaned by the instructor as an extra precaution. Night-time cleaning will also occur.
- As always, we have our Air Oasis. This ionic air purifier and surface sanitizer reduces unwanted contaminants using AHPCO® and Bi-Polar® ionization technologies to break down pollutants on a molecular level. This is a precaution we have always used and will continue.
- Our studio is air conditioned, and we will be keeping our external door open to keep the fresh flow of air in the room and using our beloved dehumidifier.
Other Class Options
- We will maintain our current Zoom mat classes. You can find the online schedule here: www.goucher.edu/pilates-center/class-schedule/ For safety and physical distancing reasons we are not allowing large groups back inside the studio at this time.
- In addition to the apparatus room, we will be using our mat class studio space as another private session studio to maintain proper physical distancing.
Thank you for your continued support during this unprecedented time. We are so thankful for each of you and this Pilates community we have built together.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions email@example.com. We have missed you and can’t wait to do Pilates together again!
Love all around,
All of us from the Pilates Center