Learning Goals & Outcomes
Minor in Professional Writing
- Choose the genre appropriate for their purpose, and understand how a document might be transformed into different genres.
- Choose an appropriate register for their purpose, audience, and genre.
- Demonstrate an awareness of different genres and discourse communities and their conventions, and write articles, essays, and reports that reflect this understanding.
- Develop flexibility.
- Research appropriately, extensively, and ethically. Students will develop a variety of investigative skills.
- Become resourceful, confident writers who craft prose that is readable and fluent for a variety of fields.
Updated: February 2018