Learning Goals & Outcomes
Bachelor of Arts in Equine Studies
- Discuss, with knowledge and relevance, the anatomy of the horse and their systems including reproduction.
- Discuss basic concepts of equine learning, behavior and training techniques
- Understand gait analysis and lameness including the related musculoskeletal and neurologic systems, limb and foot anatomy, shoeing options and their impact.
- Outline a basic equine health program including dentistry and ferriery.
- Discuss basic areas of equine health including nutrition, reproduction, lameness, infectious disease, respiratory and gastrointestinal disease.
- Demonstrate practical equine skills including safely handling a horse, collecting and evaluating vital signs and bandaging and wrapping skills.
- Prepare a basic business plan.
- Discuss related equine careers and professions.
Updated: February 2018