Dance Placement & Auditions
The Dance Program is very excited about the varied curriculum and many opportunities
that it will be able to offer you should you choose Goucher College. Whether a dance
major or not, all admitted students may take any dance course appropriate for their
level. Admitted students may audition for scholarship consideration.
To be considered for an audition, students are required to submit an Early Action application for admission by December 1, 2018. In addition, a complete Dance Scholarship Application must be submitted by January 15, 2019.
Auditions for the 2018/2019 academic year will take place in late February or early March 2019. The audition offers admitted students the opportunity to observe our program and for our faculty to evaluate students for scholarship consideration. NOTE: Students will be engaging in three technique classes. We do not expect proficiency in each genre.
Sample Audition Schedule (Subject to Change)
- Check in, conversation with dance majors
- For dancers and parents -- Meet with Dance faculty
- Ballet class - all dancers have the option of taking class en pointe.
- Modern class
- West African Diaspora class
- For parents - information session with admissions representative
- Lunch break
- Individual interview and performance of solo, not to exceed 1.5 minutes.
- Other afternoon activities TBA
Video requirements (PDF) See application procedure above.