Dance Placement & Auditions
The Dance Program is very excited about the varied curriculum and many opportunities that it will be able to offer you should you choose Goucher College. Whether a dance major or not, all admitted students may take any dance course appropriate for their level.
Auditions for the 2019/2020 academic year will take place on February 23, 2020. The audition offers selected students the opportunity to observe our program and for our faculty to evaluate students for scholarship consideration. NOTE: Students will be engaging in three technique classes. We do not expect proficiency in each genre.
Sample Audition Schedule (Subject to Change)
- Check in, conversation with dance majors
- For dancers and parents -- Meet with Dance faculty
- Ballet class - all dancers have the option of taking class en pointe.
- Modern class
- West African Diaspora class
- For parents - information session with admissions representative
- Lunch break
- Individual interview and performance of solo, not to exceed 1.5 minutes.
- Other afternoon activities TBA
Video requirements (PDF) See application procedure above.