Dance Placement & Auditions
The Dance Program is very excited about the varied curriculum and many opportunities that it will be able to offer you should you choose Goucher College. Whether a dance major or not, all admitted students may take any dance course appropriate for their level.
To be considered for an audition, first-year students are required to submit their application for admission and required supporting documents, along with a Dance Scholarship Application, by January 15, 2020.
Auditions for the 2019/2020 academic year will take place on February 23, 2020. The audition offers selected first-year students the opportunity to observe our program and for our faculty to evaluate students for scholarship consideration. NOTE: First-year students will be engaging in three technique classes. We do not expect proficiency in each genre.
Sample Audition Schedule (Subject to Change)
- Check in, conversation with dance majors
- For dancers and parents -- Meet with Dance faculty
- Ballet class - all dancers have the option of taking class en pointe.
- Modern class
- West African Diaspora class
- For parents - information session with admissions representative
- Lunch break
- Individual interview and performance of solo, not to exceed 1.5 minutes.
- Other afternoon activities TBA
Video requirements (PDF) See application procedure above.