Postgraduate International Scholarships
Fulbright US Student Programs
Did you know that five recent graduates from Goucher were selected as Fulbright awardees
for 2017-18? We're celebrating their success and want you to know that Goucher students
are great candidates for the Fulbright: https://blogs.goucher.edu/magazine/record-fulbright-recipients/
For those of you planning to apply for a Fulbright in Fall 2019, here's your "to-do" list for the summer:
- If you haven't already, commit some time to researching your preferred program and country at https://us.fulbrightonline.org/applicants/getting-started. Let the Office of Global Education know your program & country of interest in Mid-May via email - email@example.com.
- Review the application components and create your online application profile (follow the link to "Embark Online Application" on the lower left side of the Fulbright U.S. Student Program website): https://us.fulbrightonline.org/applicants/application-components
- Start drafting your personal statement and statement of grant purpose now - they take a lot of work! Send drafts to Mark Bladel via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1st. She will make some suggested revisions for you well in advance of the September 12th campus deadline. You will need to share these essays with your recommenders so they are able to write strong letters of reference for you. Remember, you will be able to edit the essays after your campus interview and before the national deadline (October 8, 2019).
- Contact your faculty recommenders and let them know you will be sending them your draft statements in early August. Please, please, please let them know their recommendation letters (for study/research) or forms (for ETA) must be submitted online by September 10 (NOT the national October 8th deadline!) Faculty have told us that several weeks' notice is necessary to write a quality letter, so please help your recommenders help you by giving them lots of advance notice. If a language evaluation is required for your program, you may ask the same professor to complete a language evaluation and a recommendation. For ETA applicants only, you may select some non-academic recommenders who have knowledge of your teaching/leadership abilities.
- Make time for a webinar offered by Fulbright: https://us.fulbrightonline.org/applicants/information-sessions - please note, there are several webinars that are free and will be super helpful to you!
Eligibility: Must be a U.S. Citizen at time of application and either a graduating senior or recent
Amount: Varies by research proposal and country
Deadline for 2019-2020 Awards: Campus deadline: September 12, 2019
National Deadline: Oct. 8, 2019
More Information: https://us.fulbrightonline.
CIC Davies-Jackson Scholarship
(Study at St. John's College at the University of Cambridge in England)
Requirements: Must be a graduating senior with a 3.7 GPA and is among the first generation of their families to graduate from college.
Amount: valued approximately at $50,000
Applications are accepted in the following subjects: Classics; Economics; Education; English; Geography; History; History of Art; Human, Social and Political Sciences (includes politics, international relations, sociology, anthropology, and archaeology); Modern and Medieval Languages; Music; Philosophy; and Psychological and Behavioural Sciences.
Deadline: October 15, 2019
Contact: Stephen Gibson
View more information about the CIC Davies-Jackson Scholarship
George J. Mitchell Scholarship
Requirements: Must be a U.S. citizen who is 18 years old, but not yet 30 and have a bachelor's degree
before beginning study as a Mitchell Scholar in Ireland.
Benefits: The Mitchell Scholarship provides full tuition, housing, and a monthly living stipend (currently $1250 USD) for up to one year of post-graduate academic study in Ireland.
Deadline: September 27, 2019
View more information about the George J. Mitchell Scholarship
Office of Global Education Contact
Office of Global Education
The Exploration Hub
1021 Dulaney Valley Rd.
Baltimore, MD 21204
Follow The Exploration Hub on Instagram at @thegoucherhub, and like our page on Facebook to stay up-to-date on additional scholarship opportunities!