M.F.A. in Nonfiction
What truth will you tell?
Our M.F.A. in Nonfiction program has been producing successful graduates for more than 20 years. And those graduates have been telling the stories that define the world around us, from immigration to gun violence to impactful personal stories like relationships and loss.
Our students and alumni have published more than 120 books and won such honors as the PEN/Fusion Prize, finalists for the Pulitzer prize, and many more.
Designed for the developing writer, our program offers a personalized approach, including mentors from across the industry, helping you develop the skills you need to succeed no matter what subject you are passionate about.
Find your truth. Find your voice.
- Limited-residency format, meaning you complete most of your degree online.
- No GRE or other admissions tests required.
- Easy, online application process.
- Affordable/Scholarships available.
Start this January with our new residency in New York City
- January 5 - 10 | NYC Seminar & Conference Center
- Intensive, in-person jump start for your online degree
- Network with fellow writers and our well-known faculty
- Course options for new and experienced writers alike
- Inquire to learn more!
Meet Victoria Stopp, M.F.A. ’05
Memoirist Victoria Stopp M.F.A. ’05 Featured on Fox 5 Atlanta
Victoria Stopp M.F.A. ’05
Read the Story
“Victoria Stopp, M.F.A. ’05 recently discussed her experiences with chronic pain and her memoir "Hurting Like Hell, Living with Gusto, My Battle with Chronic Pain" on Fox 5 Atlanta.”
Why Choose Goucher?
“ Everyone I know that wants to write a book that's creative nonfiction, I tell them to come to Goucher because it will make you a better author. You always want to be proud of your final product, and if you come to Goucher, learn what the instructors have to say, get immersed in the community, I guarantee you you'll be proud of your final product. ”
Jesse J. Holland M.F.A. '12
Author, Reporter, Faculty Member, Former Trustee