Goucher Commons Requirements - Data Analytics - Across the Curriculum
Program Goals (Updated: February 2018)
1. Build on the skills obtained in DA-F courses in order to use authentic discipline or interdiscipline specific data analysis and visualization techniques.
- Utilize skills obtained in DA-F courses to analyze and visualize discipline or interdiscipine specific data.
- Acquire discipline or interdiscipline specific data analysis and visualization skills and techniques.
2. Draw conclusions from data analysis and visualization to further insight into the discipline or interdiscipline.
- Make judgments and draw discipline or interdiscipline appropriate conclusions and interpretations based on the quantitative and/or qualitative analysis of data.
- Analyze assumptions and explore the possibility of alternative conclusions and explanations relevant to the discipline or interdiscipline.
3. Communicate conclusions from data analysis and visualization using the language of the discipline or interdiscipline.
- Using language accessible to a general audience within the discipline or interdiscipline, discuss the analysis of the data, as well as interpretations of the conclusions drawn.