Whether you need assistance selecting, changing, or adding classes, or picking your major, an Academic Advisor can help guide you through your college experience successfully. Take a look at some of the advising resources posted on this page for more information.
Have a question? Contact one of our Academic Advisors.
Working with your Advisor - Helpful tips and information to best prepare for your advising appointment
Guides to Scheduling a Navigate Appointment
Step by step instructions for scheduling an in-person appointment
Virtual Advising Appointments
How to Best Prepare for your Virtual Advising Appointment
Your pre-major advisors would like to share some tips and advice for making the most of our virtual advising appointments. Our new remote operation may present some challenges for all of us, but we are ready to work with you and support you throughout the semester.
Once you have confirmed an appointment with your advisor please be prepared and consider the following advice:
- Decide which online format you plan to use for your meeting. Several options are available so check in with your advisor to determine what will work best.
- If you feel more comfortable using email and phone appointments, we are okay with that as well. Many of your questions, concerns and academic issues can be resolved in this way.
- If using Zoom as a meeting platform, you will receive an email confirmation with the Zoom meeting link. If you are unclear, please let your advisor know.
- Before your advising appointment, please be prepared with any questions or concerns you would like to discuss. This will allow your advisor to best meet your needs and focus our time together.
- In some cases, your advisor may need to follow up with information or answers to your questions. If you would like to share any specific requests in advance, please include this in the comments section when making your appointment in Navigate.
- Have tools (notebook/pen) available during your appointment to take notes on any action items you need to complete after the appointment.
- If you are scheduling the advising appointment, be specific with any topics you would like to discuss. This way we can make sure we can accomplish what we need to during our scheduled time.
- Your advising appointments will be 20-30 minutes, depending on which service you select when scheduling the appointment.
Exploring Majors & Minors
Look here to begin exploring majors and planning your degree at Goucher
Majors & Minors Fair (check back for updates)
During the spring semester join faculty from academic centers and campus offices to explore your options and declare you major.
Check the Events calendar to join us in an informal chat around campus.
A Guide to Exploring and Declaring Majors (PPTX)
Forms & Worksheets
Here are forms, worksheets, and additional resources
Four Year Planning Guide (DOCX)