B.A./M.E.D. 4+1 FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

What happens once I’ve been accepted into the B.A./M.E.D. 4+1 program?

Once you are accepted into the 4+1 program, you will receive a follow-up email once your account status has been updated. This follow-up email will provide instructions regarding next steps, advising, etc.

When can I apply for a 4+1 program?

You can apply for a 4+1 program during your sophomore year, with the intention of beginning graduate coursework during the fall semester of your junior year.

How will my bill/tuition be affected through this program?

While you take graduate classes as a 4+1 student, you will receive the undergraduate tuition rate. Once you graduate with your bachelor’s degree and become a full-time graduate student, you will receive the graduate tuition rate for courses.

Can I receive financial aid as a graduate student?

Yes, you can receive financial aid as a graduate student. In general, once you have officially earned their bachelor’s degree and transition into your graduate degree, you are typically only eligible for federal unsubsidized student loans by submitting a FAFSA.

Who do I contact regarding billing and financial aid?  

For billing questions, please contact graduatebilling@goucher.edu.

For financial aid questions, please contact finaid@goucher.edu.


More questions?

Any questions regarding the B.A./M.Ed. 4+1 program can be directed to Lexi Rudolph, Associate Director for Recruitment and Enrollment Management, at lexi.rudolph@goucher.edu.