Requests for reservations should be made at least five days prior to the event through the online reservation request form. Staff will respond within two business days.
The reservation process will open on the following timeline each semester.
- One month before the semester begins, affiliated student organizations will be allowed to make reservations for that semester.
- Two weeks before the semester, all reservations will be accepted
- Rooms are reserved on a first come, first served basis.
- Rooms cannot be reserved more than one semester in advance.
- Reservation period ends at 8:00am on the last day of class each semester.
- Requests for reservations should be made at least five business days prior to the event through the online request form below. Staff will respond within two business days.
The reserving party must agree to abide by the facility guidelines:
- You are allowed to use furniture and equipment available in the space. Any equipment failure or questions should be directed to CREI via email at email@example.com.
- CREI does not provide food, or general supplies with reservations.
- Requests for additional tables, linens, chairs, podiums, microphones, lighting, sound equipment, and audio and visual needs should be directed to Event Planning at
- CREI does not set-up or clean-up for events.
- Wall hangings, artifacts, and other cultural displays should not be removed, moved, or damaged in any way (including taping over).
- No alcoholic beverages of any kind are permitted.
- Return the space to the original condition it was in prior to your meeting or event:
- chairs and tables returned to original configuration;
- tables are cleaned;
- all supplies and resources returned to their original place;
- kitchen cleaned and dishes put away;
- trash placed in proper receptacles.
Note: Failure to follow any of the guidelines could result in the loss of future use of CREI facilities and/or billing for damages in the space.
Center for Race, Equity, and Identity staff has the right to approve or deny space reservation requests based on these or any other concern.
- All events must fall within the Event Planning guidelines.
- Collections of funds (coin wars, for example) are never allowed.
- Sales and solicitation is never allowed.
- Donation drives may be allowed if:
- The container will not impede egress or violate other fire and life safety procedures.
- The collection directly meets the needs of underrepresented or underserved communities.
- There is a designated start and finish time.
- The purpose, length of collection, items needed, name of the organization, contact name, and phone number must be clearly displayed on the collection container.
- The container must be picked up within 24 hours of the stated end time.
- Collections will not be approved for longer than 14 days.
- Recurring reservations are allowed. In the case where a meeting or event (in the recurrence) must be cancelled, the reserving party must alert the CREI staff to remove the reservation. If two consecutive recurring reservations are cancelled/unused, the CREI staff has the right to cancel remaining reservations.
- There is a two-hour maximum length per day on all reservations. Special exceptions for additional time may be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Given that the Center houses professional staff offices, the reserving party should expect that these staff members will respectfully access their space even when a reservation is in progress.