All students admitted to Goucher, who submitted a high school transcript, are automatically considered for a merit scholarship. In accordance with Goucher's test optional policy, test scores are not required for merit scholarship consideration. Goucher students must be in good academic standing to maintain a scholarship; scholarships are renewable and awarded for up to eight semesters.
Maryland Scholars Program
The Maryland Scholars Program is designed to make a Goucher education accessible to first-generation Maryland residents from underserved socio-economic communities. Consideration for the program is available to students who exhibit intellectual promise, motivation, and scholarship.
For more information, please visit the Maryland Scholars Program webpage.
The Goucher Dance Program offers a number of scholarships to outstanding first-year students planning to major in dance:
- Scholarships are awarded based on the video recording, application, and the recommendation of the Dance faculty.
- They range from $1,000 to $5,000 annually with the potential four year value being $4,000 to $20,000 and are awarded in addition to any other merit scholarship for which the student qualifies. (Scholarships cannot be combined with a Tuition Exchange, or a Tuition Remission benefit from Goucher College.)
- Dance scholarships are renewed automatically provided students maintain full-time enrollment as a dance major in good academic standing until graduation or a maximum of eight semesters, whichever comes first.
While the Dance faculty would prefer to meet you in person for your audition, we will not be able to do so due to COVID-19 restrictions to on-campus activities. Only video auditions will be accepted for fall 2021 applicants.
We will be conducting two rounds of reviews. To be considered for a scholarship, please complete and submit the materials below by December 1, 2020 (Early Action) or January 15, 2021 (Regular Decision).
How To Apply
- Submit the Common Application and required supporting documents.
- Complete the Dance Application (Common Application must be completed first).
- Create one audition video – click here for audition components and guidelines.
Colleges That Change Lives Scholarship
This is an outside scholarship sponsored by the non-profit organization Colleges That Change Lives. The CTCL Scholarship ($1,000 per year, renewable for up to four years with a maximum award of $4,000 per student) will be awarded to new first-year students, including international students and undocumented students, who choose to attend a CTCL-member college or university.