Code of Ethics
Integrity is an integral part of providing our customers with quality goods and services; therefore we adhere to the code of ethics adopted by the National Association of Educational Buyers:
- Give first consideration to the goals and policies of my institution.
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Decline personal gifts or gratuities.
- Grant all competitive suppliers equal consideration insofar as state or federal statute and institutional policy permit.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith, devoid of intentional misrepresentation.
- Demand honesty in sales representation whether offered through the medium of a verbal or written statement, an advertisement, or a sample of the product.
- Receive consent of originator of proprietary ideas and designs before using them for competitive purchasing purposes.
- Make every reasonable effort to negotiate an equitable and mutually agreeable settlement of any controversy with a supplier and/or be willing to submit any major controversies to arbitration or other third party review, insofar as the established policies of my institution permit.
- Accord a prompt and courteous reception insofar as conditions permit to all that call on legitimate business missions.
- Cooperate with trade, industrial, and professional associations, and with governmental and private agencies for the purpose of promoting and developing sound business methods.
- Foster fair, ethical, and legal trade practices.
- Counsel and cooperate with NAEP members and promote a spirit of unity and a keen interest in professional growth among them.
- Failure to comply with college procurement policies may result in further disciplinary actions, which may include suspension of employment and procurement responsibilities, or termination of employment.