The Julia Rogers Research Prize
The Goucher College Library and The Friends of the Goucher College Library sponsor an annual research prize competition for outstanding research by Goucher students using library resources.
Did you write a research paper in 2018? Do you want to win $250 in cash? The Goucher College Library and The Friends of the Goucher College Library sponsor an annual research prize competition for outstanding research by Goucher students using library resources. The $250 prizes were first offered in 2004, in honor of Julia Rogers' 150th birthday. If you have produced work of which you are especially proud, please consider entering.
Prizes are awarded in the following categories:
· First year/Sophomore
· The Margaret Guccione Prize for Arts and Literature
Guidelines for submission
To submit your project as a candidate for the Julia Rogers Research Prize, you must provide the following:
· The research paper of 5 or more pages (written for a course taken in 2018)
· A bibliography of at least 10 sources
· A letter of recommendation from the faculty member for whose course the paper was written
· An essay of 250-300 words describing the research strategy, how library resources helped focus and direct the research, and what you learned about the research process
· A cover sheet with your name, the title of the paper, and the name of the nominating professor
To enter visit http://gouchercollege.formstack.com/forms/2019symposium_form.
For additional information visit https://www.goucher.edu/library/about-the-library/library-prizes-and-awards/the-julia-rogers-research-prizes.
Submissions are due by Thursday, March 14.