The Exploration Hub
The Exploration Hub provides students with immersive experiences, on- and off-campus, that engage their academic and personal interests. These experiences have the power to shift and inform academic pathways, future career choices, as well as transform perspectives and personal identity. While embarking on a study abroad experience, a community-based learning program or course, and/or testing the waters in an internship or job shadow, students will gain knowledge about who they are and where they want to go beyond Goucher.
To help keep our entire community safer this fall, we ask that all students adhere to certain guidelines when participating in any off-campus experiential learning experience.
SAMPLE QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR EMPLOYER/SITE SUPERVISOR REGARDING COVID-19
- What are the site’s policies regarding cleaning and sanitization?
- Will there be expectations for me to participate in cleaning or sanitizing?
- Will supplies for cleaning and sanitization be provided?
- What are the site’s policies regarding masking and social distancing?
- Will I be expected to provide my own face covering/mask?
- Are there expectations of the kind of face covering/mask I wear?
- What are the site’s procedures for monitoring the health and safety of its staff?
- Where can I find this information?
- What is the procedure if someone at the organization is diagnosed with COVID-19?
- What is the procedure if I am diagnosed with COVID-19?
- What documentation will I be required to present if I need to be absent for an extended period of time, whether due to self-isolation (from personal case of COVID), or request to quarantine (based on exposure or campus directive)?
- If you are a residential student, it is advised that you alert your employer/site supervisor that your living environment puts you at a higher risk for self-isolation or quarantine, due to the density of students sharing common spaces.
- How much potential exposure to the general public will I have in this role?
- If a lot, what protections are in place for volunteers/employees?
- If I have concerns about fellow employees/volunteers not complying with the health and safety regulations put forth, where do I report compliance issues?
We thank you for your part in helping keep the Goucher community safe.
The Hub is a place where students will:
- Explore existing and new interests, values, and skills
- Connect academics and/or personal interests with hands-on, real-world experience
- Immerse themselves in experiential learning opportunities, on- and off-campus
- Learn reflection techniques to expand learning and make connections
- Develop critical skills necessary to advance personally and professionally
- Develop broader framework of inquiry as a result of engaging or connecting to new communities and cultures
The Hub will offer students:
- Special programming and advising.
- A space to unwind and connect with others.
- September 30, 2020
Head to Instagram Live every Wednesday at 2:00 PM EST to tune into our reimagined Coffee Chat Series. Coffee Chats are a casual conversation between alumnae and students...
- October 1, 2020
Connect with representative from over 60 companies and organizations. Speak to employers in one-on-one or group sessions. This virtual fair is being coordianted by several...
- October 7, 2020
Head to Instagram Live every Wednesday at 2:00 PM EST (this week at Noon!) to tune into our reimagined Coffee Chat Series. Coffee Chats are a casual conversation between...