The Exploration Hub
The Exploration Hub provides students with immersive experiences, on- and off-campus, that engage their academic and personal interests. These experiences have the power to shift and inform academic pathways, future career choices, as well as transform perspectives and personal identity. While embarking on a study abroad experience, a community-based learning program or course, and/or testing the waters in an internship or job shadow, students will gain knowledge about who they are and where they want to go beyond Goucher.
The Hub is a place where students will:
- Explore existing and new interests, values, and skills
- Connect academics and/or personal interests with hands-on, real-world experience
- Immerse themselves in experiential learning opportunities, on- and off-campus
- Learn reflection techniques to expand learning and make connections
- Develop critical skills necessary to advance personally and professionally
- Develop broader framework of inquiry as a result of engaging or connecting to new communities and cultures
The Hub will offer students:
- Special programming and drop-in advising: Mondays - Fridays, 2-4 p.m.
- A space to unwind and connect with others.
- Image associated with "Coffee Chat with Francesca Njoku '98 - BETA (Business, Entrepreneurship, Technology & Analytics) Career Community at Van Meter Hall"November 15, 2019
Drop in at the Hub for a casual morning conversation over hot coffee and donuts with Francesca Njoku '98, a Goucher alumna whose career aligns with the BETA Community...
- November 19, 2019
Stop by to brainstorm, get feedback (bring a draft!), and learn more about resumes and cover letters with your peer Career Mentors, Josie McKinley and Alex Steitz!
- Image associated with "Coffee Chat with Karen Newell '91 - CoSE (Community, Social Service, and Education) Career Community at Van Meter Hall"November 22, 2019
Drop in at the Hub for a casual morning conversation over hot coffee and donuts with a Goucher alumna/us whose career aligns with the CoSE Community (Community, Social...