International Students

Admissions Checklist

  • Completed online application
  • Essay, one letter of recommendation, and other required documentation required by your specific program of interest
  • A signed statement of willingness from your sponsor(s) to financially support your pursuit of a graduate degree
  • An official bank statement or letter showing funds to support the completion of a graduate degree
    • Students who have attended a secondary school where English is the primary language of instruction or who have received a bachelor's or master's degree from a U.S. based institution, are exempt from the TOEFL/IELTS requirement. Applicants whose first language is not English are expected to submit the results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam. Students must have a score of 80 or higher on the TOEFL iBT (213 computer-based or 550 paper-based) or at least a 28 with no subsection score lower than 7.0 band score on the IELTS exam to be considered for admission to Goucher.
  • For undergraduate education that was completed outside of the United States, a sealed, official course-by-course evaluation is required. There are several evaluation services available but WES (World Education Services) and Josef Silny & Assoc are highly recommended. Evaluations can take considerable time to process, so students are encouraged to submit the evaluation request as soon as possible.