Bachelor of Arts - General Education Requirements
General Education / Liberal Education Requirements (College Goals)
- Students must demonstrate proficiency in written communication.
- Students must demonstrate proficiency in a foreign language through the intermediate
- Students must become informed global citizens and gain intercultural awareness through
a study abroad experience.
- Students must become acquainted with different ages, societies, and cultures and learn
how to use a variety of historical sources.
- Students must be able to reason abstractly and appreciate the elegance of abstract
- Students must understand the methods of scientific discovery and experimental design.
- Students must acquire problem-solving and research capability by identifying, locating,
evaluating, and effectively using information.
- Students must be able to analyze and understand the creative process, assimilate experience,
and communicate it.
- Students must be able to interpret words, images, objects, and/or actions that are
expressions of human culture.
- Students must understand the complex nature of social structures and/or human relationships
that involve issues of inequality and difference.
- Students must explore ecological, policy, social, cultural, and/or historical dimensions
of human relationship to the environment.