The Writing Center provides writing and speaking support for the Goucher community.
The Writing Center serves the Goucher community by offering one-on-one consultations on any issue related to writing, from brainstorming ideas to polishing drafts. We believe that all writers need readers; therefore, each one of our tutoring sessions is a collaboration between the student and the tutor, individually designed to help meet their particular needs. In addition to writing support, we offer speaking sessions for English language learners, and we can be a practice audience for oral and group presentations. The Writing Center is providing two options for tutoring this semester: Synchronous and asynchronous tutoring.
- Synchronous tutoring (live online tutoring) allows the student and the tutor to meet online for 30 or 60 minutes through audio/video or chat.
- Unlike live online tutoring, with asynchronous tutoring students can upload their drafts to the system and receive written feedback from one of our tutors within two business days.
Office Hours: By appointment only
Make an Appointment
Once a registered user, you can schedule an appointment by selecting a time slot that works with your schedule and filling out the appointment form. Make sure to bring with you to the appointment:
- the assignment guidelines or prompt
- written draft if you have one
- willingness to take part in the session
What we do
We can help you with:
- brainstorming; outlining; organizing; revising; rewriting; editing; formatting; citing sources; and talking through an assignment
- designing and developing your multimodal projects
- preparing for presentations
- practicing speaking English
- putting together your College Writing Proficiency Portfolio
- developing and editing your graduate school and study abroad application materials
- developing and editing your resumes and cover letters
- any writing or speaking project you bring our way
For more information about the Writing Center, visit our website: