The Associate Director in the Office of Global Education is here to help students navigate visa application issues and the F-1 immigration regulations; however, it is the student's responsibility to know their rights and responsibilities and abide by them.
The Global Education Office is invested in the well-being of Goucher’s international students. We hope that you are all healthy and safe during these unprecedented times as the world manages the COVID-19 pandemic. A list of Frequently Asked Questions was developed to help as you plan for the summer and the fall semester. Please note that each person’s situation is unique; thus, we are happy to provide individual advising sessions through Zoom to help in your decision-making.
For information on various immigration topics, please see the links below:
- Understanding the F-1 Visa (PDF)
- Maintaining F-1 Student Status (PDF)
- Travel Abroad and Re-entry for F-1 Students (PDF)
- Employment for F-1 Students (PDF)
- On-Campus Employment for F-1 Students (PDF)
- Curricular Practical Training for F-1 Students (PDF)
- Optional Practical Training for F-1 Students (PDF)
- Obtaining a Social Security Number (PDF)
- Obtaining a Maryland State Identification Card (PDF)
- Requesting a Program Extension for F-1 Students (PDF)
- Completing Your Glacier Record (PDF)
- Helpful Government Websites