Goucher College has established clear pre-arrival criteria. All criteria must be met prior to any decision to allow students to return to campus.
- The seven-day average positivity rate for Maryland has remained at 5% or less for the previous 14 days. *Based on the State of Maryland data.
- The seven-day average positivity rate for Baltimore County has remained at 5% or less for the previous 14 days.
- Hospitals in Baltimore and Baltimore County are able to treat all patients requiring hospitalization safely and without resorting to crisis standards of care.
- Maryland has the capacity to promptly test all persons with COVID-19 symptoms.
- Maryland has the capacity to actively monitor all known COVID-19 cases and their contacts.
- The CDC and/or local public health officials have not issued any guidance advising colleges and universities against resumption of in-person classes.
Additionally, students in a county of residence or foreign country currently experiencing abnormally high rates of COVID-19 infections as indicated in red on this map will have to quarantine for 14 days upon return to campus, or until the student receives a negative COVID-19 test result.