In 2022, Goucher will be offering a January Term (J-Term), a special period of study in which students can take an entire class in a condensed format over a few weeks.
Students taking J-Term classes at Goucher will have the benefits of small class sizes, individualized attention from faculty, and the ability to complete a course in a shorter time frame. We encourage students to take advantage of our discounted prices for J-Term tuition. We are offering this one-time pricing discount to help students progress towards their academic degree while understanding that financial situations for many have changed over the last year.
- Personal Financial Planning
- People Problems – Lessons from Organizational Behavior
- Individuals, Groups, and Institutions: Understanding Identity and Working Towards Change
- Society in the Age of Intelligent Machines
- The Addicted Brain: Understanding America’s Drug Crisis
- Computational Thinking with Data
- Essentials of Economics
- American Political System
- Qualitative Research Methods in Psychology
- Professional Communication
View the course offerings for J-Term 2022.
Dates & Information
Students in four-credit and two-credit courses will meet each weekday from Jan. 4 through Jan. 27.
Goucher students can use these courses to fulfill a Goucher Commons Requirement (GCR) or take another popular course.
Goucher students can register for J-Term courses using myGoucher from November 1 through November 12. After November 12, Goucher students should use the course change form by December 10 to request the addition of a J-Term course; your request will be considered on a space available basis.
Non-Goucher students can enroll in these courses using the non-candidate process. Courses may be able to be transferred to your home institution in order to satisfy your requirements, such as core courses and electives. Non-Goucher students should check with their home institution before enrolling.