In the new year, Goucher will be offering a J-Term - or January Term - a special period of study in which students can:
- fulfill a Goucher Commons Requirement (GCR) or Liberal Education Requirement (LER), or take another popular course.
- develop skills that can increase your job prospects after graduation
- explore opportunities for personal development
Four-credit and two-credit courses will meet every weekday during the period running Thursday, January 3 through Friday, January 25. Students enrolled in these courses can move onto campus on Wednesday, January 2 and may remain in their campus housing until the spring semester courses begin (on Monday, January 28). Courses currently planned for J-Term are in the following areas: Art; Center Pair Exploration (CPE’s); Data Analytics; Economics; Literature; Psychology; Religion; Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies, and Spanish.
Registration for the J-Term courses will open on Monday, October 29, and will remain open through Thursday, November 8.
Students taking J-Term classes at Goucher will have the benefits of small class sizes, close interaction with faculty (even closer than usual), and the ability to complete a course in a shorter time frame. Courses meet for a three-and-a-half week period. We encourage students to come back to campus, get engaged with their Goucher experience, and have a productive January.
More information about J-Term:
- J-Jobs: Students who wish to work on campus during January Term will have the opportunity to apply for a three-week intensive work project with an on-campus office or faculty member.
- Job Shadowing: Job shadowing takes place in various cities in January and gives students the opportunity to observe alumna/us or parent at their workplace. Students can explore career paths, and learn about jobs that interest them.
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Room & Board