The Reading Instruction (Reading Teacher and Reading Specialist) cohort supports the county efforts to prepare literacy professionals who will provide leadership for the school reading program. The Reading Instruction cohort can lead to reading teacher endorsement (12 credits required) or reading specialist certification. The courses offered in the cohort can be applied toward either the M.Ed. with specialization in Reading Instruction or the Professional Development Certificate in Reading Instruction (for those who already possess a master's degree). Both of these programs are MSDE-approved programs for Reading Specialist certification.
The courses are offered at a reduced tuition rate. All teachers will pay a $60.00 per credit registration fee.
- CCPS will be billed for the courses at the current reimbursement rate ($750 for a 3 credit class). Those not eligible for tuition reimbursement will be billed $750 per 3 credit course.
- Participants are required to complete each course in the cohort with a grade of B or higher. (Any participant who does not complete the course or does not earn a grade of B or higher will be responsible for payment of the $250.00 per credit tuition directly to Goucher College).
- Students who withdraw after the first class are subject to the withdrawal policies of Goucher College.
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) Student Plan
- Professional Development Certificate Student Plan
How to Apply?
This cohort is available to the first 30 students to apply and be accepted. To apply, complete the cohort application/registration form and return it to the address below with a copy of your teacher certification, or a transcript from your most recently completed undergraduate or graduate course of study.
Graduate Programs in Education in the Welch Center
1021 Dulaney Valley Road, Baltimore, MD 21204
Ph: 410-337-6047 | Fax: 410-337-6085