Chartering a New Club or Organization

To charter a new club or organization, students must provide the Club Council branch of Goucher Student Government (GSG) with a copy of its constitution (including purpose of the club or organization), as well as a Club Council Charter request (PDF). Club Council will then hear the request and determine if the club or organization should be chartered. Chartered clubs and organizations may petition Club Council for funding. To remain chartered, the club or organization is responsible for re-registering as an active club each semester, as well as communicating any changes in its constitution and officers to the GSG as they occur. 

Student clubs and organizations are also encouraged to stay in contact with the Office of Student Engagement, which helps with program planning, space reservations, club communication, storage, publicity and advertising, and maintaining records on organization functioning. The Office of Student Engagement and the GSG ensure that leaders of chartered clubs and organizations are kept informed about leadership development opportunities.

Chartered recreational and sports-related clubs and organizations that want to become affiliated with Physical Education and Athletics should contact Goucher Recreation. To be affiliated, clubs and organizations need to sign an agreement form with Physical Education and Athletics, as well as submit a roster/list of members and a request to use facilities.

All chartered clubs and organizations should be familiar with the GSG constitution and college policies, including the Advertising policy. More information regarding clubs and organization policies and procedures is available at the Office of Student Engagement.